Friday, May 8, 2009

Cooking for my dog!

Well today was a fun day. I did a cookday for my dog Macie.

Macie got sick with a serious skin condition called malascea (sp?). Basicly a bad fungus infection that went undetected for months. We had visited a Homepathic vet and he had mentioned that we need to take Macie off store-bought dog food and start cooking for her. Her diet was to consist of sweet potatoes, parsnips, turnips and potatoes, cooked and mashed. Well that helped and she lost a lot of weight.
Then we added cooked mashed beans (kidney, Lima, Black, lentils, and chickpeas).
Then we found out she wasn't getting enough protein so we added tofu and also added a small cucumber to her food as well.

Since last February of 2008, my wife and I have been cooking for our dog, even she has a Personal Chef!
It is amazing to see how much mash you get out raw vegetables. Today I did 8 pounds of potatoes, 10 pounds of Sweet potatoes, 6 pounds of parsnips, 6 pounds of turnips and 1.5 pounds of carrots. so that is 31.5 pounds of vegetables.

I got................ are you ready 2 weeks worth of food, or 28 1.5 cup as she eats twice a day.

I love that I have my puppy back and she loves having her daddy as her Personal Chef.

No comments: